Sunday, February 10, 2013

First impressions. . .

The Northern view from our hotel
Guam is an interesting place. It is weatherworn from the wind and rain. Most of the housing is made from cement block to withstand the elements and small convenience stores are plastered with advertisements on the front wall. 

I was able to buy fresh ripe mango for my lunch yesterday from a local grocer. I walked around the store taking pictures of the food items.  There are many restaurants that cater to the Japanese tourists.

There are tents set up on the side of the road where shade-tree mechanics attract customers. The Chamorro people are very friendly and beautiful. Everyone has been gracious to us. Next week, while I am on my own, I am going to ride the bus around the island and explore the shops and communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment